I Have successfuly ran and profited from 7 Short-term rentals and I know the ABC’s of making them EXTRA successful!” – Laurie (CEO of Distinctive Getaways)
- Hopefully you have had a home inspection. If you didnâ€™t get one, mentally prepare yourself for some issues. If you did, make sure you fix the items in the home inspection, so they donâ€™t get worse.
- Have your HVAC serviced? (If has ran the course of its life span, decide if you
want to replace it. I promise, great chance it will die when you are the busiest with customers and at the worst time!)
- Have your drains in your sinks and showers snaked. This way whatever gunk is there, it will be gone. Last thing you want is a an unhappy customer with drain issues!
- Check the age of your hot water heater, if you didnâ€™t have a home inspection and see how many gallons it holds. If you have a spa tub that will be used a lot, you will need a larger tank. If it is at the end of its life think about replacing it. This is a great investment and a headache saver.
- If you have rugs in your major living areas, check and see their condition. If they even look dingy or dirty think about replacing them with LTV. I made this mistake and put beautiful expensive carpet in and in one year it was ruined. If you are renting near a beach or somewhere near alot of rain, this will the the worst mistake you make.
- Check the corners of your walls where guests might hit their suitcases on and install plastic or metal trim. I promise you this THE SINGLE suggestion that will keep your walls from getting gauge marks in them. No one thinks about this in a regular home, but teh Airbnb world is different!
- Check your baseboard color. If its dingy paint them white it makes the room pop and makes a home fee much cleaner!
- Check your paint colors. If all the rooms are different colors paint the whole rental 1 colorâ€¦cream or gray works best and easiest to keep up with amatch to. This way touch ups are much easier also!
- Check your light. Make sure your rooms are well lit. Also check and see if they are all the same finish. Nothing makes a property look more dated then having lights, ceiling fans, knobs, pulls all different finishes. Gold and CHamapagne are currently making a huge comback!
- Lastly decide on a theme or a color story and decorate around it. Nothing is worse than mixing colors that donâ€™t blend. I never decorate with more than three colors. You want everything to flow from room to room. I am all about creating WOW factor in my properties. If you need help, inlist an interior deocrator!
GOODLUCK AND FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT WITH QUESTIONS!